- Direct fit for the 2017-18 Civic Type R
- 100% aluminum, fully-welded construction for maximum durability during repeated
- temperature transitions
- Internal baffle keeps coolant near overflow port during aggressive driving, preventing air entry into coolant system
- Sight glass allows for easy visibility to check coolant fluid level
- Includes Mishimoto 1.3 Bar (19psi) filler cap and retains ability for use of stock cap
- Available in micro-wrinkle black and Rallye Red
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
Thereís no question that the 2017-18 Honda Civic Type R is built to perform. From gaping grilles, towering spoilers, and bright red splattered on every surface, Honda made it clear that the FK8 is designed for speed. Where we have already improved on other components for speed, we turned to the longevity of the sporty Civic with our Aluminum Expansion Tank.
The Mishimoto 2017-18 Honda Civic Type R Aluminum Expansion Tank removes the conspicuously beige stock tank from the FK8ís engine bay, replacing it with a sleek all-aluminum design that looks more at home under the hood. With the option of matching the Rallye Red or going with a stealthy black micro-wrinkle finish, there's room to add some personal style.
Where the plastic tank is great for mass production, itís destined to fail with repeated heating and cooling cycles. Our expansion tank will remove any worries about retaining your coolant, as it can stand up to the Civic Type R's oven of an engine bay. We have incorporated internal baffling within our tank to keep your coolant level during aggressive driving. The Mishimoto Aluminum Expansion Tank also includes a sight glass for quick visibility on fluid levels, and is covered under the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty for a worry-free install.